In the 8 plus years that we have been writing about domestic violence we have seen subtle changes in the way law enforcement and society in general deals with this ugly international problem-physical, mental, psychological abuse of women.
Here are some facts about domestic violence that I guarantee you will not make you happy.
1. Nearly twice as many women died in the U.S. as did the number of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.
2. The number of women in the U.S. that report intimate partner violence is one in four. The number worldwide is one in three with some Middle Eastern countries leading the way. In those countries women are treated worse than dogs
3. The percentages of people killed the U.S. by an intimate partner-30% for women. When there is a death in a family the first person questioned is the spouse.
4. There’s a one in three chance that a high school age girl will experience violence in her dating relationships.
5. The number one and number two causes of women deaths during pregnancy in the U.S.- domestic homicide and suicide often tied to abuse.
6. The percentage of homeless women reporting domestic abuse is 63%.
7. The percentage of homeless women with children reporting domestic abuse is 92%
And on and on it goes. If you or someone you know are in an abusive relationship you need to learn how to protect yourself and one of the best ways to do that is with a self-defense product.
We recommend a Strong Pepper Spray and or a
Powerful Stun Gun to defend against any kind of assault.
Since 2005 Guardian Self-Defense & Security Products LLC has provided quality stun Self Defense Products to over 45,000 consumers. We offer a full-line of premium self-defense weapons such as pepper spray, stun guns, tasers, pepper mace, personal alarms and other self-defense items.