Domestic Violence Now A Leading Cause Of Murder
Here’s a story out of Fairfax Virginia, a relatively well-to-do community that discusses the leading cause of murder in that community in 2009-domestic violence!
You Can read the whole story HERE.
The story goes on to say “Victims of domestic violence often hide their abuse from family, friends and the police. But it’s the leading cause of homicides in affluent Fairfax County, according to a new report released this week.
The Fairfax County review of domestic violence-related homicides also found the following:
• 63 percent of the domestic violence deaths involved guns;
• 38 percent involved stalking prior to the homicide;
• 25 percent of the homicide victims also were victims of domestic violence in previous relationships;
• 75 percent of the perpetrators were men;
• 40 was the average age of the victims;
• 45 was the average age of the offenders;
• 50 percent of the homicide victims expressed beliefs their partners had the capability to kill them;
• 50 percent of the offenders threatened to kill the victims before the homicides;”
If you are in the domestic violence situation one of the best things you can do to protect yourself is to use a powerful pepper spray to disable an assailant long enough for you to get away.
We recommend one that’s on a keychain like this ,a href=”http://www.guardian-self-defense.com/wildfire-18-key-ring-spray-15-oz#.UTnXX1eebaQ”> Wildfire Pepper Spray.
Since 2005 Guardian Self-Defense & Security Products LLC has provided premium pepper spray Self Defense Products to over 45,000 consumers. We offer a full-line of premium self-defense weapons such as pepper spray, stun guns, tasers, pepper mace, personal alarms and other self-defense items.