Here is an interesting story and video about a self-defense instructor who teaches Assault Avoidance Tips. The main thing that he teaches women in his class is to act fast not think. The reason for this is simple: when you’re in a life or death situation, reaction times are critical. A few seconds lost thinking about what to do instead of reacting may cost you your life.
He has some simple tactics and tips to keep women safe in any kind of situation
• “Wear a purse that goes across your body, not over your shoulder.
• Keep pepper spray or a small pocket knife on your keys, and hold them as though you’re ready to attack.
• Walk with your hand inside your purse, so you can grab that spray as fast as possible.
• Other simple weapons to keep in your purse: A screwdriver, scissors, or even a pencil.
• Walk with scissors dangling in your hands, no one will think anything but the potential attacker.
• Buy a small gun, one that can clip to your bra and aim for the groin area.”
Women are the subject and target of assaults nine times more often than men so they need to be a specially prepared. We have always recommended a self-defense course for all women to learn some basic tips on how to protect yourself. But we have also recommended that women carry with them at all times a self-defense product such as this new Fashion Keychain Spray by Wildfire brand which is nearly twice as hot as most pepper sprays.
Guardian Self-Defense & Security Products LLC is one of the largest most trusted online distributors of non-lethal self-defense items and surveillance equipment in the US. We specialize in premium pepper spray, mace, personal alarms, stun batons and more. We are “The Self Defense Product Experts”!