The Effectiveness of Pepper Spray aka Mace
- Pepper spray is inexpensive. The cost of a good self defense spray is between $8 - $20. The exception would be bear spray or large crowd control sprays which cost between $25 and $60.
- Self life or expiration date is typically between 36 and 60 months. This means you will only have to replace your pepper spray every 3 to 5 years. Aren't you willing to invest in your personal safety at the cost of a few bucks per year?
- Legal for self defense in every U.S. state. A few states have specific restrictions related to size, strength or where you can purchase.
- No special skill set or specialized training required. If you are willing to spend a few minutes getting familiar with the spray and a few more minutes practicing how to use, you'll be in good shape.
- Pepper spray offers the unique ability to stop an attacker(s) at a safe distance. With an effective range of 8-15 feet, you won't have to get in harms way to protect yourself. A one second spray to the face will debilitate an attacker long enough to get yourself to safety.