Home Guardian Self Defense and Security Blog Non Lethal Self Defense for Personal Security and Peace Of Mind
- DIY Homemade Pepper Spray - How to Make Pungent Spray December 07, 2020
- Best Pepper Spray - 2021 OC Buying Guide December 03, 2020
- Are Stun Batons a Good Protection Tool? September 04, 2020
Top Pepper Spray
Top Stun Guns
Non Lethal Self Defense for Personal Security and Peace Of Mind
Post by Bryan Buckner
How much is your well being and peace of mind worth? That's the question I posed to a large group during a presentation on self defense and personal security. The overwhelming response was that their well being and peace of mind were "priceless". With that being said most were ill prepared with regards to their safety situation. Rape, abductions, assaults, and home invasions are just a handful of the crimes which are most prevalent in our society. A women is raped somewhere in the United States every 2 minutes, a kidnapping or abduction occurs every 23 minutes, a aggravated assault every 35 seconds and over 8000 home invasion burglaries per day in North America. Your number one priority needs to be your safety and the security of your home and family. After breathing, eating and drinking there is no more vital need than security. It is time to take a more proactive approach protecting yourself, home and family. By doing so you will be on your way to that "priceless" and elusive peace of mind. Start with a home security survey. Most police departments will come out and conduct a home security survey free of charge. The goal is to identify areas in and around your home that are vulnerable to crime. You can download our home security survey here. Ads by Google Neighborhood Watch is based on this concept of cooperation, and nationwide statistics prove that it works. When citizens take positive steps to secure their own property and neighbors learn how to report suspicious activity around their homes, burglary and other related crimes decrease dramatically. Would be thieves look for easier neighborhoods. If your not involved in a watch program join or start one today. You can significantly decrease your chances of falling victim to personal attack by practicing awareness techniques. Here are a few tips:
- Always be aware of your surroundings and people around you.
- Walk with a purpose.
- Do not walk alone - after dark.
- Do not be distracted talking or looking for something.
- Park and walk in well-lit and populated areas when possible.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle doors locked and avoid leaving valuables out.
- Do not flaunt cash, jewelry, camera phones, or other things of value.
- Keep up with your belongings at all times.
- Attend seminars on crime prevention awareness techniques.