- DIY Homemade Pepper Spray - How to Make Pungent Spray December 07, 2020
- Best Pepper Spray - 2021 OC Buying Guide December 03, 2020
- Are Stun Batons a Good Protection Tool? September 04, 2020
Top Pepper Spray
Top Stun Guns
Sexual Assault Statistics
Post by Bryan Buckner
Sexual predators are a very real and very dangerous aspect of the society we live in. This weekend in Slidell, LA local law enforcement took another pedophile off the streets. It happened during a Mardi Gras parade, the wife of a local police officer noticed a man who appeared to be taking photos of a young girl. The wife told her husband who then watched and confirmed that the man was taking photos of the girls underpants as she sat of the sidewalk. The officer flagged down on-duty officers who confronted the man and quickly confiscated huge amounts of child porn from his vehicle. Officers also found a 9mm handgun and rope in the vehicle? A search warrant of his home exposed books, magazines, thumb drive files and more. Police determined this guy had a hidden room in his home. Once inside investigators said what they found was "very disturbing". I thought is would be both informative and beneficial to provide you with these sexual assault statistics. Sexual Assault Statistics
- 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).
- 17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.
- 9 of every 10 rape victims were female in 2003.
- While about 80% of all victims are white, minorities are somewhat more likely to be attacked.
- All women: 17.6%
- White women: 17.7%
- Black women: 18.8%
- Asian Pacific Islander women: 6.8%
- American Indian/Alaskan women: 34.1%
- Mixed race women: 24.4%
- 2.78 million men in the U.S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape.
- 29% are age 12-17.
- 44% are under age 18.3
- 80% are under age 30.3
- 12-34 are the highest risk years.
- Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.
- 7% of girls in grades 5-8 and 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
- 3% of boys grades 5-8 and 5% of boys in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
- Of these, 75% were girls.
- Nearly 30% of child victims were between the age of 4 and 7.
- 34.2% of attackers were family members.
- 58.7% were acquaintances.
- Only 7% of the perpetrators were strangers to the victim.
- 3 times more likely to suffer from depression.
- 6 times more likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.
- 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol.
- 26 times more likely to abuse drugs.
- 4 times more likely to contemplate suicide.